Friday, April 12, 2013

You're Better Than That...


Weakness...
(Did you cringe? I did just typing it)
who likes weakness... uhh maybe SaTan!
Here's a little story on the matter
*just to lighten the mood*

I love Reese's, they are fantastic!
I had two in my pocket and took them to work with me today
(who doesn't want a chocolate peanut butter pick-me-up?)
I was unwrapping my last one over the garbage, and I could practically taste it,
The smooth chocolate brushing my lips,
as my teeth sunk in sending my taste buds on a peanut butter trip....
*mid-way to my mouth it falls in slow motion to the deep abyss of the garbage can*
Much like the Grasshopper taking the rock from the hand of the Sensei 
I snatched that Reese's right out of the garbage.
I then stood there for a few seconds and a voice in my head spoke softly, calmly, wisely saying,
"Put that down, now."
-It's my last one...
"Jessie... you're better than that"
but-
"You. Are better than that."
I then tossed it back in thinking did I really just have that inner conflict?!
The ground sure, 5 second rule... Garbage... not even debatable.
(That and the fact all the crap from the floor being swept the previous night
was right where it fell. Oh and there was a video camera watching my every move,
that was not something you want caught on tape... ever)

Moral of the story we all have a moment of weakness, 
usually not involving a Reese's in the garbage,
If so, you understand the Dilemma! 
Overcome an urge of weakness today, you'll feel better,
unless it's a spin-off to my story...
Then you won't know if you should feel proud you overcame temptation
Or shocked you even contemplated it.
No matter what it is just remember, 
"You are better than that"
Happy Friday!


No comments:

Post a Comment